Friday, April 14, 2006

It's a beautiful day!

It's such a beautiful day today! These days are my favourite... when the sun is warm on your back, but the air is crisp and fresh. There are no clouds, but the sky is painted in a blue that could only have come from a Divine pallet.

I went to Double Bay today with my mum, we had lunch at Pink Salt (from Restaurant Rules!) which has opened there. We had this blue swimmer crab with black fettucine. I was pleased because my mum was pleased - her taste is so hard to please!
My day became better when this silk dress I had eyed for over 2 months was discounted at 70% off! My birthday had come a few days early! haha

And then.... as I was driving back I reflected on how nice e-tag is when my drive through the tunnel was easy breezy. Plus the traffic on the roads was minimal, maybe everyone's gone on holidays.

And I talked to my mum about my dreams, about what I want to do in a few years and where I want to go.
I thought about where God has placed me... with the campus I'm on... with the people I've met, what I'm studying and with what my heart and mind are questioning. I wondered why things are so, but I think He has his great plans for me and I am so happy to learn and experience through what lies ahead.

I'm happy to be young... but becoming older. I'm so excited about what's to come. I'm feeling so blessed today thanks to the Big Man upstairs.




Touch me
Take me to that other place
Teach me
I know I'm not a hopeless case
See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the Bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light
And see the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colors came out
It was a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
Beautiful day
[U2]

2 Comments:

Blogger H said...

WOW...!!!

1. Pink Salt.. Ive only heard about it!
2. 70% silk dress!!!
3. I love when driving is so easy.. e- tag and the luxuries we have...ahh...
4. So good (REALLY SO GOOD) to hear that things are just so.. BEAUTIFUL.

Peace Danni!!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

:) Love the song selection Danni! :)

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home