Saturday, September 03, 2005

With all my heart...

I've been realising how much sometimes we know God as how other people see him. And there is something I really want to develop. To know God deeper. I want to know my relationship with God and know the uniqueness of that.

Today, Steve preached about a passage that I really enjoy learning about: Jacob wrestling with God. There is so much to that passage but one thing that strikes me all the time is that Jacob was intimate God.

I really want to be. That's why my blog is titled "whole-hearted" because I believe that if you give to God your whole heart you will seek him and find him. You will see God's face.

Jeremiah 29:13- "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart".

I want to explore my relationship with God. I want to seek his face. I want to know the uniqueness of my relationship with him. God speaks to some people through dreams, some become intimate with God in prayer through tongues, to some he reveals his Word through the Bible and others it is through their friends. But how can I deepen my relationship with God? How can I experience him in a special way in which I know it is my own? How can I be Jacob?

I'm not very good at choosing books. I'd love to look into this so if anyone can recommend me books on my questions I will love you and be eternally grateful!

We're working on a EM newsletter to be launched on the last Sunday of September. We're really praying that God would use this ministry because we know how powerful it can become. If you could pray for the people working on the newsletter and that in all things God would be glorified and known to the community that would be lovely!
We're all very excited about it! We feel like we're working for some hip magazine company and that's how serious we would like to be about it.
We would love to hear from you if you are interested in being a free lance writer or artist or have any skills in design/computers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

:)

glad to see you back danni!!!!

:)

6:11 AM  
Blogger k said...

hey danni,

how's ur back? =P

i thought quite a bit about your post...

=S

haha, i started writing, but then i realised it was starting to get way too long...

anyways, i'll chat to you about it some other time. i'll catch ya on wednesday then :)

bai

6:21 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Heeeey! ur shirt was pretty dang cool too! Hahaha BROCK! hahaha. can't get over it!

Hey, i enjoy reading your posts. that's DEEEEEEEP dude!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Hey Danni! :)

That photo on my blog wasn't you...do you remember Miso? she was in the year below you...that was her in the photo.

Anyways, have a beautiful week and see you soon! God bless! :)

1:25 PM  
Blogger Danni said...

Eddie: thanx a bunch!

Junny: thanks to ur chiropractic skills it's getting there! Yes! we sure will chat about things!

Daniel: hahaa I never meant to get too deep.. n i still dunno what BROCK is. I should ask Junny.

Steve: awww.. yeah i remember Miso! Do u have old pics of the girls when we were in PG1? I'd love to see them and laugh at us

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home